William M. Jeffs
William M. Jeffs’ practice primarily focuses on estate planning, including wills, trusts, advanced health care directives and powers of attorney, probate and trust administration (after-death administration), guardianships and conservatorships and business formations. He is regularly appointed by the courts as the attorney for the incapacitated person, personal representative, guardian and conservator serving in that capacity in hundreds of cases. He has been involved in over 900 guardianship matters representing incapacitated individuals.
- Utah State Bar – 1990
- U.S. District Court, District of Utah – 1990
- U.S. Tax Court – 2000
- Utah State Bar, Fee Arbitration Committee, currently serving as the Chair
- Student Member, American Inns of Court I – 1989-1990
- Former Member, Sertoma International
- Former Member, The National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member of Board of Directors, Share A Smile, Inc., a nonprofit entity
- Member and Past President of Board of Directors, Hales Center Theater, Orem, a nonprofit entity
- Member of the Board of Directors, Latter-Day Renaissance, Inc., a nonprofit entity
Awards and recognition
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Published Articles in I Love Life, a Senior Guide
- Presented seminars on landlord-tenant and probate law. guardian, special needs trust
William has worked at Jeffs & Jeffs, P.C. as long as he can remember. He has bad memories of filing checks, correspondence and pleadings into the individual files of the clients. He enjoys helping individuals work through their concerns and problems in areas that they are unfamiliar with, such as estate planning and caring for the aging and handicapped.
When not at work, he enjoys spending time with his wife, Joanne, and their five children and six grandchildren. As a family, they enjoy running, especially trail running, paddle-boarding, biking, playing cribbage and pinnacle, and attempting to golf. He has participated in a number of endurance trail runs and has run in Rim to Rim at the Grand Canyon, the Timpanogos Trail Marathon, and the Squaw Peak 50.