Liisa A. Hancock
Having clerked for two years with the Fourth District Court, Liisa approaches cases with an innovative and thoughtful perspective. Primarily a litigator, she represents clients in domestic cases including child custody, divorce, property settlements, adjudicative, probate and real property litigation, and appellate proceedings at municipal, state and federal levels.
- Admitted to practice before all Utah State Courts, Utah Federal District Court, 10th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Commissioner, Utah State Bar representing the Fourth Division, 2016-2018
- Appointed to the Domestic Case Improvement Process Committee, a sub-committee of the Utah Supreme Court Standing Committing on Children and Family Law, 2016-2017
- Young Lawyer of the Year, Utah State Bar, 2014
- American Inns of Court I, 2010-current
- Ethics Advisory Board Member, 2016-current
- Board of Trustees, Timpanogos Legal Center, 2013-present
- 4th Division Pro Bono Committee Member, 2013-present
- Central Utah Bar Association (President-2012-2013, Vice-President, 2011-2012, Secretary 2010-2011).
- Member, Young Lawyers’ Division Executive Committee, Utah State Bar, 2009-2010
- Member of Family Law Section, Women Lawyers of Utah, Litigation Section, Utah State Bar
- Law clerk, Fourth Judicial Court (2005-2007)
Liisa has traveled the world competing and performing in ballroom dance in such faraway places as Korea, Mongolia and even California. She cherishes both her Finnish and her American heritage and visits her family in Finland often. She loves to travel and often can be found planning her next adventure. She enjoys cooking, gardening, hiking, kayaking, fishing, cross-country skiing, and doting on her nieces and nephews.