Liisa A. Hancock
Having clerked for two years with the Fourth District Court, Liisa approaches cases with an innovative and thoughtful perspective. Primarily a litigator, she represents clients in domestic cases including child custody, divorce, property settlements, adjudicative, administrative, and appellate proceedings at municipal, state and federal levels.
- Law clerk, Fourth Judicial Court for Judge Gary D. Stott, Judge Donald J. Eyre, Judge Lynn W. Davis, Judge Claudia Laycock (2005-2007)
- Utah State Bar Admission and Utah Federal Bar Admission (2006)
- Community Service Co-Chair, Young Lawyers’ Division, Utah State Bar, 2010-2011
- Community Service Committee Member, Young Lawyers’ Division, Utah State Bar, 2009-2010
- Secretary, Central Utah Bar Association, 2010-2011
- American Inns of Court I, 2010-present
- Member of Women Lawyers of Utah and Litigation Section, Utah State Bar
- Commissioner, Utah State Bar representing the Fourth Division, 2016-present
- Young Lawyer of the Year, Utah State Bar, 2014
Liisa loves to dance and has traveled the world competing and performing in ballroom dance in such faraway places as Korea, Mongolia and even California. She cherishes both her Finnish and her American heritage and visits her mummi (“grandma”) in Finland any chance she gets. She enjoys gardening, hiking, running, cross-country skiing, traveling, and doting on her nieces and nephews.